Member : Dedfishies > blogs > reading "Going Minimalist "
With my current physical and mental health, I feel the need to start living a minimalist life.
Steps to be completed:
1. Delete Facebook profile (and any other profile I find distracting, hurtful, and useless for my brain) *completed
2. Start trimming my wardrobe to the essentials, aka stuff I know I'll always wear. When looking up advice for how to start living a minimalist lifestyle, I found this cool link http://bemorewithless.com/begin/. It has this advice to live three months with 33 three essential items for your wardrobe. I really do want to try this, considering there is so much in my closet I never wear.
Speaking of, I need to get rid of shoes...I have way too many. One of the recommendations that this site talks about is that it's better to have good quality brands than knockoffs. My current favorites (there are quite a few):
Vegan Dr. Martens booties
BED/STU leather booties
Bobs (comfy slipper-like shoes with memory foam)
Disney Villian Vans
knock off Berkenstocks (can't really afford real ones)
LL Bean winter boots
Madden Girl maroon heals
Guess gold hightop sneakers
Berkenstock Disney maryjanes
I have one more pair of Dr. Marten shoes on the way
My other shoes include: beatup Teva's, vintage 90s loafers (honestly, they don't particularly fit), and just some plain black flats. Thoughts as to what I should def. keep.
3. Books, CDs, DVDs, video games purge. I am going to rid myself of things that are duplicates (at least in my family/house), things I haven't used in a year, things that are easily streamed, and things I am simply over).
4. Throw away clothes, sheets, and anything else that is damaged
5. Minimize collectibles
6. Fill up bags I'll never use with donations
7. Create a weekly menu/budget
8. Save $1000 every 52 days
9. Buy a new laptop with refund check, clean up my hardrive, transfer everything to new laptop
10. Decrease amount spent on cell phone data/usage
11. Sell bass guitar/amp
Any suggestions, please feel free to oblige.