Forums > The GodsGirls > Purgatory

View next topic
View previous topic
zombie
Saint
zombie

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:55 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Has it always been a 90% approval?

I thought it used to be somewhere between 65-75%, because I remember we'd all decided that 50% was a bit too easy if people could creep by with only 1 vote kinda thing, so we went to 65-75 somewhere in there to make it a bit more competitive.

It's so nice to see purgatory happening again and new models taking to the site. Is the need for 90% approval hindering that a bit though?

I personally want to see some more new models here and having a 90% approval mandatory seems to hinder that a bit with all the no votes sad

Just some thoughts. Anyone else have any?

Atheist
succuba

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:14 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I had no idea the required percentage used to be lower. 90% does seem demanding. I guess it is a lot because you can never please absolutely everyone... But at the same time, if the app is really good (as in, the person put in work in the pictures and their answers, seem friendly enough, creative), I feel like I would vote yes even if their work/taste/body type isn't REALLY my cup of tea, you know?
I also appreciate that people usually leave comments and proper feedback, advice, and encourage purgatory girls to try out again once they've improved the quality of their pictures/the length of their answers/etc if needed.
I'm curious to hear other people's take on this (especially people who've been here much longer as I've only been a member for a few months).
Kvlt
I'm a GodsGirl
Kvlt

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:39 am Reply with quoteBack to top

With how many people haven't been putting videos, making thoughtful answers, and having bad quality photos, I don't mind.

I want new models here, too, but if they aren't going to take the time to make a great Purgatory profile, I don't expect much effort in their actual sets and being part of the community, either.

Saint
zombie

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hmm. I guess I disagree. And I wonder what "community" means today on GodsGirls? Because the community has really, really, REALLY changed over the last few years, and as someone who was here literally day one I don't quite see that aspect here anymore. Which is fine! Things change and move and whatnot, that's totally okay.

I just think there's not the "community" like there was once - like super active forums and chats and comments and stuff. The internet has vastly moved away from forums and chats and onto feeds, and GodsGirls doesnt offer that kind of thing, so I don't really see an active bustling community around here much anymore.

Which isn't to say I think GodsGirls is terrible. I wouldn't be here for over 11 years if I thought so! I love GodsGirls.

I just personally don't feel that a video or questionnaire will dictate the sets models may put out.

And when we once had updates Monday-Friday, now we struggle to get Wednesday through Friday. Sometimes not even Tuesday.

More models will mean more, new content.

I'm a GodsGirl
Blath

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

We have a super active and supportive model community. It's just not out in the open for everyone to see, and it's moved to social media a lot as opposed to being on-site. We're all still like a family though.

We all had a long discussion about the Purgatory % increase before Purg got reinstated, for example, and went through every reason for and against raising it with the site runners/owner and the active and old school models.

Maybe it's less model-to-member interaction, but a lot of our members now are fucking silent haha, which is where I think the "lack" you're talking about is coming from maybe @zombie.

Also--
succuba wrote:
But at the same time, if the app is really good (as in, the person put in work in the pictures and their answers, seem friendly enough, creative), I feel like I would vote yes even if their work/taste/body type isn't REALLY my cup of tea, you know?

@succuba Yeah this is how I feel about Purg applications as well.

Last edited by Blath on Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Carson
I'm a GodsGirl
Carson

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Kvlt wrote:
With how many people haven't been putting videos, making thoughtful answers, and having bad quality photos, I don't mind.

I want new models here, too, but if they aren't going to take the time to make a great Purgatory profile, I don't expect much effort in their actual sets and being part of the community, either.

i 100% agree wity @kvlt. our community exists. l admit that im terrible at posting in the forums, but i think many of us can agree that we interact with many of our [godsgirls] fans on other social media platforms.

in my opinion, we are very much so a community, and i have felt welcome since day one when i slid through at 69%. i put a LOT of effort into my app. so many girls applying these days don't. i vote no on most purg models with no video, but i do leave cobstructive feedback, so i do - persobally - feel that 90% is necessary

this isn't "the cool kids club." its all about finding models that CARE, who agree with our message, and who are down to put in WORK to put themselves on the map, for us and them personally.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Saint
zombie

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Blath wrote:
We have a super active and supportive model community. It's just not out in the open for everyone to see, and it's moved to social media a lot as opposed to being on-site. We're all still like a family though.

I totally agree on that end. The models friendships are very obviously a powerful piece of GodsGirls. Some of the greatest friends I have in life I acquired here and I wouldn't change it for anything ♥

Blath wrote:
We all had a long discussion about the Purgatory % increase before Purg got reinstated, for example, and went through every reason for and against raising it with the site runners/owner and the active and old school models.

That's really good to hear!

I'm a GodsGirl
Blath

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 3:02 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Carson wrote:
Kvlt wrote:

i 100% agree wity @kvlt. our community exists. l admit that im terrible at posting in the forums, but i think many of us can agree that we interact with many of our [godsgirls] fans on other social media platforms.

in my opinion, we are very much so a community, and i have felt welcome since day one when i slid through at 69%. i put a LOT of effort into my app. so many girls applying these days don't. i vote no on most purg models with no video, but i do leave cobstructive feedback, so i do - persobally - feel that 90% is necessary

this isn't "the cool kids club." its all about finding models that CARE, who agree with our message, and who are down to put in WORK to put themselves on the map, for us and them personally.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Yeah, I think basically we raised it because we were getting a lot of apps that just weren't putting the effort in. One word answers, no videos, just general lack of enthusiasm - I think having it set at 90% makes people think like, wow no I actually do have to TRY.
yknow??

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic