View next topic
View previous topic
elperrosusio
Agnostic
elperrosusio

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 6:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Stacey-Beth wrote:
elperrosusio wrote:
I am a bad Catholic; which means I know which church I don't go to, and whose teachings I, mostly, flaunt. But, I think, one of the really good things that Jesus tried to do is to get people not to act on their natural desire for revenge- breaking the cycle of hatred and violence that can enslave people for centuries. And, having said that, I realize that one of the most vengeful organizations on Earth is the church! Hence, my problem with Christianity lies, not with the management, but with the sales staff.
I do try to treat others the way I want to be treated (including respecting their religions, or lack thereof) I'm not sure how forgiving I am. But I try to put thoughts of vengeance away, if only for my own peace of mind.

Hey, to each their own, right?!
But I firmly hold fast the idea that an eye for an eye is best otherwise we're just weak willed and nothing is won in the end if you don't fight back against injustices done to you.

But that's why this thinking isn't for everyone. It can definitely be something that's not so easy to identify with.
I mean, we're not telling anyone to go and kill the person who cut you off on the freeway at least.

As I said, I totally respect your belief. I would love to be your friend; and, even if you weren't stunningly beautiful, I would only seek to do you good happy
Stacey-Beth
I'm a GodsGirl
Stacey-Beth

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@elperrosusio clown
Dovahkiin
I'm a GodsGirl
Dovahkiin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 1:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm a member of the Temple of Satan, and have been trying to start a chapter for Ohio. still waiting on their response and interview. yes I know this is an old thread lol. la
Euphoria
I'm a GodsGirl
Euphoria

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:30 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Following

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic